Would you drive an expensive car with its carburetor choked and its fuel tank floating with muck ? No, of course you won't. You clean your house and car periodically and subject almost every gadget you own to regular servicing. Just as grime gradually builds up in our homes over months, toxins build up in our bodies. Yet, many of us do not care to do anything to service or clean the body, mind and soul of the accumulated garbage. Throughout our life we continuously heap all kinds of abuse on our body. wrong food, wrong life style, wrong thoughts,, wrong breathing, wrong habits - in short every kind of wrong that is possibly loaded on it.
We live in a world where speed is the name of the game and since we have very little awareness about the way we live we adopt a wrong life style. Wrong life style include
- Skipping breakfast, as it is supposed to be the most important meal of the day but many people seem to be having the habit of skipping it.
- Food binging or eating in excess or emotional eating which increases the calorie intake.
- Eating while doing other activities
- Endless snacking
- Eating late in the night
- Little sleep
- Eating fast food. Fast food isn't particularly bad but it is in several cases its processed and contains large amount of carbohydrates, added sugar, unhealthy fats and salt (Sodium) These foods are high in calorie and have very less nutritional value.
- Long gap between meals.
- Not having proteins and complex carbohydrates in the diet.
- Not having ideal body weight.
- Sitting more time watching TV and also on computer/mobile and walking less.
- Lack of fibre in diet
- Having carbonated drinks.
- Having stressful lifestyle.
- Having negative thoughts.
- Wrong breathing (Chest breathing instead of diaphragmatic breathing)
Finally when the abuse reaches the saturation point our body begins to protest and the protest comes in the form of varied diseases and discomforts. We immediately go to a doctor and expect him to cure us spontaneously little knowing that this could have all been avoided had we we been aware of our body and the detoxification programme every 6 months that could have helped prevented the disease.
Toxins have been the greatest enemies of mankind. The bright yellow jelabis, the delicious curries, the yummy kebabs, the high level of pesticide in soft drink and above all the lethal pesticides used by the farmers to improve productivity, cigarette smoke, alcohol, air fresheners, automobile exhaust fumes, smoggy air as it is in New Delhi now, to name a few now are all contributors of toxins. Some of the harmful foods that we don't seem to be able to live without are sugar, salt, caffeine refined flour and saturated fats. Detoxification of the body is like cleaning up of the fuel tank of your car. The aim is to rest our overloaded digestive organs, liver, gall bladder, kidneys and allow them to rejuvenate. Detoxification involves resting, cleaning and nourishing the body inside out.
Anything that supports our elimination can be said to help us detoxify. Drinking enough water, eating more fruits and vegetables, less meat and milk products, observe fasting, proper dieting, breathing properly, exercising helps toxins to be got rid of the skin, massaging, Sauna, Ayurvedic detoxification, relaxing without anxiety and stress, altering the lifestyle, proper thinking, Meditation, purity in thoughts, purity in feelings, cutting down on toxic relationship, cutting down on anger, jealousy, hatred, emptying the emotional baggage by not holding on to grudges and cultivating Faith, Hope, Love and finally forgiving your enemies will help you lead a quality life.
The body of ours is the temple of the Spirit that resides inside and the only address we have in this lifetime. So my dear friends please take care of your body and do exercise for an hour a day, eat less and detoxify on a regular basis by fasting, juices, proper breathing, yoga, proper posture and relaxation. Wish you all a very healthy life. Your best life is about to begin...